Improving the employment and income prospects of creative professionals
The goal of this training is to improve the employment and income prospects of creative professionals in Kenya. The series of courses will provide the selected participants with better business and legal understanding and various tools relevant to their fields that will help them flourish effectively within any commercial and organizational setting.
The training program, implemented by GIZ in partnership with Goethe Institut and HEVA Fund, is part of the global project Culture and Creative Industries (CCI), active in 6 countries. This project looks into innovative support models for actors in the Creative field, focusing mainly on the sub-sectors Music and Digital Industries, i.e., gaming, animation, and new technologies, i.e., Virtual and Augmented Reality.
It aims to up-skill young entrepreneurs into building sustainable and local products to strengthen and support the culture and creative industry and its actors.
The training will consist of a series of online courses that will span over 12 weeks. The online workshop will contain a series of modules including, but not limited to, modules such as:
· Understanding Creative Entrepreneurship
· Building blocks for a healthy creative business
· Knowing where your money is
· Understanding laws and regulations for creative businesses.
· Understanding your Product
N.B: - Eligible candidates may be shortlisted for a stipend – 100% attendance of the program is a prerequisite for the stipend.
Free Online Training for creatives
From 29 Nov. 2021 for 12 weeks
Who can apply:
- Creative professional between 18 to 30 years of age, based in Kenya.
- You have a business that has been operating less than 3 years.
- You have a product in the market or are about to launch one.